Posted by admin
on Jan 11, 2017 in How to get rid of
| 0 comments
How to Get Rid of Stomach Cramps
We all have experienced it, the sudden cramps in our abdomens. Stomach cramps have been listed as one of the most common diseases experienced by humans. Unlike any other ailments that are restricted to a particular group of people based on certain habits, lifestyle, and class, this disease is common and may be suffered by everyone regardless of class, race, and habits. Keep reading to learn How to Get Rid of Stomach Cramps.
These cramps may not be serious and may easily be cured if the person suffering from it knows the cause. However, it should still be noted that for some rare cases, an abdominal pain may be a sign of a more serious complication.
What are the some of the causes of abdominal cramps?
The intensity of a stomach pain may range from mild to sharp depending on the cause and reason. Below are some of the most known causes of stomach pain.
- Constipation – Constipation occurs as a result of irregular or infrequent bowel movement. It is important though to note that the schedule of bowel movements depend from person to another. If not cured, it may lead to a more serious health problem. This is why it is very important to observe regular bowel movement.
- Indigestion – This ailment is also called as dyspepsia and is commonly characterized by an uneasy feeling of discomfort or fullness. This may occur either before or after every meal. People of any age may be at risk of indigestion.
- Menstrual cramps – For most women, they suffer through what is medically termed as dysmenorrhea during or after their period. There are two classifications of this, it may either be a primary dysmenorrhea or a secondary dysmenorrhea depending if there is an underlying cause.
- Food poisoning – Most of the time, a pain in the abdomen is caused by an event wherein food-borne organisms affect the digestive system because the organisms are foreign and are unacceptable to your body. This phenomenon is also referred to as food poisoning. According to statistics, millions of people are affected with this ailment throughout the world. Some of the other symptoms of food poisoning are fever, feeling of uneasiness, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.
- Ulcers – In some instances as mentioned above, an abdominal cramp may be a sign of a bigger problem. For others, that problem is ulcer. Ulcer is acquired whenever a person habitually skips meals or does not eat on time. Helocobacter pylori is the type of bacteria that causes ulcer.
- Appendicitis – When the appendix of a person becomes inflamed, he or she may also experience a pain in the stomach or abdomen area. When a person suffers from this, it is medically suggested that the appendix be removed. Just like the others, appendicitis may occur to a person at any age.
- Lactose Intolerance – When a person is said to be lactose intolerant, he or she has a hard time digesting the sugar called lactose which can mostly be found in milk and other dairy products. This is because the body is lacking of an enzyme called lactase. Although this is not considered a deadly or dangerous disease, a person suffering should still practice caution because symptoms of this can be quite stressful.
These are just some of the most common causes. If you go to see a doctor, the medical person should go about asking you the following questions or considerations so that he or she will have a full appreciation of your case and thus, can give an accurate diagnosis:
- Whether you are pregnant
- If you are, how many months now?
- The length of your pain experience
- Whether you have any type of injuries
- If there is a patterned schedule of occurrence of the abdominal cramps
- The exact location in your stomach where you feel the pain
- Is there anything that you do or medicine that you take to get rid of the pain?
How to get rid of stomach cramps?
Now, after determining the causes of the pain, the next thing to consider now is how to cure or at least eliminate your pain in the stomach. There are some people who prefer taking in medicines while there are also some who like it natural or herbal. Consider the following ways by which one can get rid of this excruciating pain.
- Eat a balanced diet. There is no need to stress as hard enough this tip for you to avoid having stomach cramps. This is one surefire way for you to prevent your frequent episodes of suffering from the said pain. Remember to eat your meals on time and to not deprive yourself of the nutrients the food may offer. Do not eat foods which may add up in upsetting your stomach.
- When the pain needs a quick remedy, you may apply either a hot or cold compress to the affected area. You should also relax, lie down on the bed or sofa, and take a complete rest. Most of the time, over the counter drugs and medicines may also be of help.
- It is important that you do a lot of exercise. According to medical experts, exercise is not just beneficial to the physical aspect of a person’s health but with other dimensions as well. This includes the emotional, mental, as well as spiritual health of a person. This can also be done when the pain is attacking you right away. There are a lot of available YouTube tutorials that can be helpful to eliminate should the cramps attack.
- You may also try doing some poses in yoga. Yoga is one of the trends among health buffs nowadays. If you are really familiar with this, you may try to do some yoga poses that expose your abdominal region. If you are not that familiar, you may try to browse through the internet and search for yoga poses that specifically targets that elimination of stomach cramps.
However, it should also be noted that the human body has a lot of muscles and that these are all interconnected. Having said this, you should also explore other poses that may help you improve your condition. Now you know How to Get Rid of Stomach Cramps.
Originally posted 2015-03-20 00:09:15.