You love fashion but can’t wear shorts, mini skirts or even a little black dress without leggings. Your friends tease you about being too conservative, but that’s not it. The truth is– you have scars on your legs, and you don’t want to show them, so you prefer to cover your legs in clothing every day. You don’t have to sacrifice fashion to hide those marks because there are ways on how to get rid of scars on legs. Keep reading to learn How to Get Rid of Scars on Legs.
Anatomy of a scar
A scar is a mark or discoloration left after the body heals itself from an injury. Scar composition may vary. Some may appear darker or lighter than the surrounding skin. Others are lumpy and could appear embossed. The appearance of scars differ depending on the severity of an injury and the part of the body affected.
How to get rid of scars on legs
There are medical procedures and home remedies that can hep eliminate scars or at least make them less noticeable. Here are ways on how to get rid of scars on legs:
- Skin lightening products. Soaps, toners, creams, and gels containing glycolic acid, salicylic acid or kojic acid are proven to lighten dark scars.
- Chemical peels. Chemicals are applied to the skin resulting in gentle peeling around two days after the treatment.
- Dermabrasion. This removes the top layer of the skin, including scars. Deeper scars may not be transferred through this procedure but may look less noticeable.
- Lemon juice. Full of citric acid, lemon juice could be used to fade scars from spots. Just apply fresh lemon juice on the injury, leave for 20 minutes, and rinse.
- Olive oil. Olive oil could be applied to the skin to help scars fade. This oil has a high acidity level which could be helpful in making scars lighter in color.
- Natural oils such as Rosehip oil and Tea tree oil. These oils are known to fade scars over time, Apply the oils directly at the injury two times a day. No need to rinse.
Quick fix for scars
Need a quick scar fix to be able to wear a new short dress? Use concealer and foundation to cover your scar. Dab a small amount of concealer on your blemish, blend well, and dust with a little foundation. Using waterproof concealer on your leg scars is a great idea especially if you don’t want to retouch every a few hours. Now you know How to Get Rid of Scars on Legs.