Posted by admin
on Mar 3, 2017 in How to get rid of
| 0 comments
How To Get Rid Of Headache Naturally
The head is the common site of pain in the body. That is why it is extremely common to most people to have headache. Headache is defined as a pain that arises from the head or upper neck of the body. The brain has no nerves that give rise to the sensation of pain so the pain originates only from the tissues and structures that surround the brain. Headaches disappear on their own or with the little help of pain relievers depending on how strong the pain is. Most headaches are mild and can cause annoyances but some people have headaches that are so severe that they need to consult a doctor to know the cause and to ask for pain relief. Keep reading to learn How To Get Rid Of Headache Naturally.
Headache occurs to most people even before they reach the age of 10. Headaches are more common to boys than girls before puberty. This however, is reversed after puberty. Adult men experience fewer headaches than adult women. The reason is often linked to a woman’s menstrual cycle when hormones there hormones are not stable. Older people tend to have fewer and less severe headaches.
The causes of headaches can be classified as primary or secondary headaches. This classification system is created to help health care professionals to make a specific diagnosis as to what type the headache is and give more effective options for treatment.
Primary headaches are caused by over activity of pain-sensitive structures or nerve fibers. It is not a symptom of an unknown disease. Chemical activity in the brain, the nerves or blood vessels outside the skull, and the muscles of the head and neck, or any combination of these factors plays a great role in causing primary headaches. People who are more likely to experience headaches may carry it in their genes.
- Cluster Headaches – Cluster headache is a very rare type of headache. This occurs in clusters and last long for weeks, months, and even years. It is more common to men in their late 20’s. Women and children can also experience this type of headache.
- Tension Headaches – This kind of headache is the most frequently experienced type of headache. Tension headache is usually mild and short-lived. This is the cause of tightening and contracting of muscles in the scalp, neck, and face that brings spams and pain. The known cause of tension headaches are anxiety, stress, neck strains, and fatigue. This is also known as oromuscle contraction headaches.
- Migraine Headaches – Migraines are more sever and debilitating than tension headaches. It affects adults and children as well. This causes intense throbbing or pulsing sensation in one part of the head which is commonly accompanied by vomiting, nausea, and extreme sensitivity to sound and light. It is preceded by sensory warning symptoms like blind spots, tingling in the arms or leg, flashes of blinding light, and sometimes tinnitus. The severity and frequency of migraines can be reduced with the help of medications and a dark and quiet place to lie down. This kind of headache can be triggered by strong odors, lack of sleep, cigarette smoke, strong beverages, and stress.
- Chronic Daily Headaches – Suffering from headaches from time to time is normal. Frequent attacks of headaches can be a sign of chronic daily headache. This type of headache is one of the most disabling types of headaches due to its incessant nature. Extreme pain relievers may reduce pain and ca lead to fewer chronic daily headache attacks.
- Exercise Headaches – This often occur during and after a nonstop and strenuous workout or exercise. Other activities that causes exercise headaches include swimming, weightlifting, rowing, tennis, running, and even brisk walking. Exercise headaches has two categories namely, primary exercise headaches and secondary exercise headaches. Primary exercise headaches are usually mild and ca be prevented with medication and enough rest. Secondary exercise headaches are caused by serious brain and heart problems like a tumor and coronary artery disease. This type of exercise headaches requires immediate medical attention.
Secondary headaches are caused by structural problem in the head or the neck which activates the pain sensitive nerves of the head. This type of secondary headache is a very broad group of medical conditions like infected sinuses, dental pain caused by tooth decay, meningitis, and encephalitis. Traumatic headaches also fall into this category.
- Encephalitis – Encephalitis is the inflammation of the brain caused by viral infections. This disease can cause flu-like symptoms like fever or severe headache. It also causes confused thinking, spot blindness, seizures, and immobility.
- Ice Cream Headaches –Ice cream headaches or more commonly known as brain freeze are brief and stabbing headaches that occur when you eat or drink something cold like ice cream, frozen drinks, and other cold food and beverages. It is medically defined as headache attributed to ingestion or inhalation of a cold stimulus.
- Sinus Headaches – This type of headache is often accompanied by a condition in which the membranes lining the sinuses become swollen or inflamed called, sinusitis. Sinusitis headaches need proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Thunderclap Headaches – Thunderclap headaches are uncommon and can be a sign of potentially life threatening conditions which usually have something to do with bleeding in the brain that needs emergency medical attention. It is usually severe and ca last for more than a week.
Treat And Prevention
How to get rid of headache Naturally depends on what is causing it that’s why a thorough examination conducted by a health professional is needed especially for severe and long term headaches. Most of the time, over the counter pain reliever such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen can help to relieve and prevent headache.
Mild headaches can be treated with simple home remedies like eating a handful of nuts, apple cider vinegar compress, and applying peppermint oil. Natural home remedies can be very helpful in alleviating the pain caused by headaches. Home remedies will not make a person dependent on prescription pain killers for every little ache and won’t have side effects on the body. Now you know How To Get Rid Of Headache Naturally.
Originally posted 2015-03-19 23:56:24.