How to get rid of Foot Fungus
Foot fungus, also called athlete’s foot, is a fungal infection caused by a microscopic fungus which lives on dead tissue of the hair, toenails and outer skin layers. Keep reading to learn How to get rid of Foot Fungus.
But how do we know if we have foot fungus or not? Here are some symptoms, but remember that these symptoms vary from person to person:
- Blisters, redness or softening and breaking down of the skin
- Cracking, peeling and scaling of the feet
- Burning and/or itching
You need to remember that not all itchy and scaly feet have foot fungus. Therefore, it’s really important that you see a doctor in order to get a proper diagnosis.
How to get rid of Foot Fungus? There are many methods to get rid of this annoying, and sometimes painful little trickster, so if you visit your doctor you will most likely get:
- Topical antifungal medication: the drug is applied directly on the affected area.
- Oral drugs: only in cases when the fungus is either severe, or the topical antifungal medication is not showing results.
There are people who would rather treat themselves at home, and here are some of their recipes of how to get rid of foot fungus:
- Pour into a basin 5/6 vinegar and 1/6 water, and soak your feet for about 5 minutes. Wash, dry and repeat daily.
- Dip a cotton swab into vinegar, rub the affected area and then let it dry. Repeat daily.
- ½ cup of baking soda, ¼ cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide, ½ cup of Epsom salt and 4 cups of hot water. You need to mix these ingredients thoroughly and then add ¼ cup of white vinegar. Soak your feet for about 10 minutes and then wash them with clean water. Dry with a clean towel. Repeat twice a day for several weeks.
Before trying these home remedies, make sure your situation is not severe, by visiting your doctor, and remember you will get professional advice on how to get rid of foot fungus. Now you learn How to get rid of Foot Fungus.
Originally posted 2015-02-19 01:13:34.